Who the heck are we?
The Rumpus Room Owners
Marcia Miquelon and Jacob Mills have offered circus/theater-based experiences to kids through adults via their Wild Rumpus Circus camps, performances, classes and workshops since 2002. We use the traditional arts of the circus, including juggling, tight-wire walking, clowning, aerial arts and acrobatics to teach kids and adults about overcoming challenges and connecting with others in a way that is safe, non-competitive, and fun.
Together, we have toured to the Middle East, Europe and numerous US locations, making our unique brand of hands-on circus accessible to multi-lingual audiences by speaking the international language of laughter.
In late 2013, we bought a former hardware-turned-vintage store in Mazomanie’s beautiful downtown historic district, and moved our circus and movement classes into an expansive and beautiful new space! Our dreams and ideas and plans for what we’d like to do here keep expanding as well!
What Goes On Here
First and foremost, we are movement, physical theater and circus educators and performers. Each of us brings over twenty years of teaching and performing experience to our work with children through adults. We regularly offer:
- classes for homeschoolers
- after school circus classes
- week-long (and one-day) circus camps
- yoga classes
- dance classes
- aerial yoga classes
We also love to dream up special performances and events! In our first year in the new building, we hosted:
- Mazopalooza! Southern Wisconsin’s one and only improvisational dance festival.
- An amazing variety show/silent auction/wood-fired pizza feast/fundraiser for our dance floor.
- A multi-day dance workshop with well-known Contact Improvisation teacher Martin Keogh.
- Three live bands performing original music.
- A zombie happening (!)
- A visit from Santa
- A German Wheel workshop with guest artists from Ethiopia and Argentina.
Additionally, we are proud and happy to share our space for custom birthday parties, community events, rehearsals, meetings. Let us know how we can create a moving experience just for you!Contact Us